Hey folks! For today’s #myspacemondays blog I decided to share my favorite soup recipe with y’all. I’m a complete soup girl. My entire meal could be soup and bread or soup and salad and I’d do just fine. Soups are especially great during winter when they can warm you right up or as a quick meal when you’re too lazy to cook!
This Toasted Almond & Broccoli soup is an all time favourite during any season and it is jam-packed with nutrition! Oh, and did I mention it is vegan?! I have included a Jain version too and it tastes just as great as the Non-Jain version. Give this wonderful recipe a try and I promise you’ll have added one more yummy recipe to your weekly meal plan!
Serves 4-6 1 Cup = 200ml
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 2 medium sized zucchini, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cup broccoli florets
- 3 cup vegetable broth- low sodium (Or 2 OXO cubes mixed in three cups of water)*
- 1tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
*For the Jain version, replace with home-made vegetable broth or use the water from the steamed vegetables with 1tsp of garam masala
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- While the oven pre-heats, place all your vegetables in a pan with water and steam until medium soft. You want to retain some of that crunchy texture. If using Instant Pot to steam then place one cup of water under steamer insert and arrange veggies on the basket. Cook on low pressure for 0 minute and quick release the pressure when done.
- Add all almonds to a food processor and blend them until coarse. If using blendtec then “Pulse” for 10 seconds
- Add the coarse almonds onto a baking tray and place in the oven for 7-8 minutes until toasted and aromatic
- Once the vegetables are steamed and almonds toasted, set aside 3tsp for garnishing.
- Add almonds, vegetable broth, steamed vegetables and salt and pepper to the food processor and blend until creamy. If using the blendtec, then Select “Soup”
- Top finished soup with toasted almonds, lemon juice and freshly cracked black pepper
- Serve HOT!
I have added the Instant Pot and Blendtec version since I cook this soup using these appliances and it saves me so much time! If you haven’t already, then check my post on My Kitchen Go-To Appliances here and see how these products have transformed my cooking experience!
Scroll & Tap to Shop Kitchen Favs & Featured Items
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #remakingivy